Sequencing II Agility Class
To enroll in Sequencing II Agility, a dog/handler team must meet the General Class Requirements and must have successfully completed a Sequencing I Agility course, such as our Sequencing I Agility course. All sequencing is performed off-lead, therefore, basic obedience is required for Sequencing I. Your dog must be able to sit, stay, down, and come on command, off-lead with a variety of distractions present.
The cost of our Sequencing II Agility course is $60. You will need to plan on attending one class session each week for six weeks. Each session will last approximately 1½ hours. Each session builds on what was learned in the previous session, so it it best to avoid missing a session if at all possible. You must attend at least 4 sessions to be eligible to graduate. If we have to cancel a session due to weather, etc., you will be notified via phone or e-mail and the class schedule will be adjusted to include a makeup session.
On the last night of Sequencing I students will run a simple course and the instructors will assess their readiness to progress to the next level - Novice Competition.
Requirements for Moving to the Next Level
Upon completing our Sequencing II Class students must meet the following requiprements in order to move up to our Novice Competition Class.
- Dogs and handlers should be able to handle sequences of 10 or more obstacles with front and rear crosses.
- Handlers should be able to send dogs out to obstacles at a distance of 10-15 feet.
- Dogs should be able to handle simple discrimination, directional and distance challenges.
- No run-offs will be permitted. Any dog without a recall during major distractions will not be passed on to Novice Competition Class.
- Straight weaves must be performed at speed without use of a leash or handler luring the dog through the weaves. Gates should be phased out.
To contact WAG for more information visit our Contacts page.
Visit our Class Location page for directions to our practice field.